Work finally begins
when the fear of doing
nothing at all
trumps the terror
of doing it badly
Alain de Botton
…on the streets of Brooklyn NY
Comments Off on Weekly wisdom – it begins | tags: #streetart, #streetartbrooklyn, Art, Life, Quotes, Singapore Botanic Gardens, Weekly wisdom, Wellbeing | posted in Art, New York, Photography, Travel, Travel writing, Uncategorized, USA & Canada, Weekly wisdom, Wellbeing
It’s too easy to wait until we get really unwell to do something about how well we live:
Eat and exercise like you’re a diabetic heart patient with a stroke – so you never become one.
A great reminder – um, if only I could remember where I read it (apologies to the author).
A bronze sculpture in Singapore’s Botanical Gardens
Comments Off on Weekly wisdom – live well | tags: Quotes, Singapore Botanic Gardens, Weekly wisdom, Wellbeing | posted in Getting active, Photography, Singapore, Travel, Uncategorized, Weekly wisdom, Wellbeing
It’s easy to get caught up in capturing the right shot and having the perfect life (thank you, social media). At some point, you might just wonder where the pure childlike joy went.
It’s time to Take 5. So strap on those runners, grab your camera (or phone), and head out the door.
As you walk, take five photos of things that catch your eye, give you joy or just make you feel good.
It’s not about about being arty. It’s not a competition. It’s about noticing the things that make you happy.
The most important part happens back at home. Look at your photos and write down what each one means to you. Why did it grab your attention? Why did it make you feel good?
Here’s what the pics I took mean to me:
- Pandanus palms withstand sea spray, wind and drought and still look great – what’s not to love about such resilience?
- This pelican made me smile because it held itself aloof from the other pelicans waiting for the fisherfolk to arrive and clean their daily catch – no begging for this cool customer! Just comfortable in its own – um – feathers
- The winter wind was chilly but the salty water was deliciously fresh
- You can’t help smiling at Pigface, a creeping succulent that’s a pop of colour among the rocks
- Aqua blue water you just want to sink into.
It’s all about taking a trip without leaving your suburb.
Sure, it helps if you live near the beach – but those moments can happen anywhere. Even in your own backyard. Here’s proof from my place…
Now it’s your turn… Let’s get happy!
Comments Off on Take 5 for Friday | tags: birds, different journey, happiness, iPhone snaps, Life, mindful walking, mindfulness, photography, short breaks, Wellbeing | posted in Australia, Five for Friday, Uncategorized, Wellbeing, Wild places & wildlife