But the new year looms, and I’ll bet you’re already getting swept up in that whole ‘resolutions list’ thing like I am. Even when I tell myself “not this year”.
Why do we consistently fail to do what’s on our list? Because we’re writing the WRONG lists.
Okay, it’s just a theory I came up with recently. But I’m so tired of writing lists I don’t stick to – like losing those extra kilos this year and getting super (try-athlete) fit and not letting life get in the way of… the list.
So here’s a new list for keeping healthy and fit wherever we are (or are going to) in the world:
- Be grateful: There’s nothing more energising than knowing you are blessed, even with the things we take for granted like wriggling our toes, shelter, sustenance, a breath, a thought, a heart beat…
- Re-sensitize: Battered as we are by constant stimuli, desensitizing has become our survival. Time to crank up those five gifts and lap up your life …. look, listen, smell, touch, taste (and enjoy!)
- Trip out: Travel every day, even if it’s only seeing ordinary things with new eyes
- Respect yourself: Love your body, whatever shape you’re in, and enjoy the passion of movement
- Indulge: In laughter, lots of it. Apart from giving your abs a workout, you’ll have more energy, less stress and a spring in your step.
Yes, EB is busy organising our cycling odyssey through Europe – and (loudly) delighting in my potential trip-specific training!
But whether it’s epic plans or minor moments, keeping fit and healthy so you’re ready to go anytime is important – because it slips, day by day and year by year, if we stop paying attention.
Well, that’s my theory.
More posts you might like: