I’m always coming across clever or quirky words some wise or witty person has said – words that inspire me, make me think or make me laugh.
I scribble them down on bits of paper… and they promptly get sucked up in the vortex that is my office and my life.
After scrabbling around for a bit, I’ve found some of my favourite (travel) quotes.
Here’s five for Friday… just in time for the weekend.
- “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” (Mary Anne Radmacher)
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” (Mark Twain)
- “Personally I like going places where I don’t speak the language, don’t know anybody, don’t know my way around and don’t have any delusions that I’m in control. Disoriented, even frightened, I feel alive, awake in ways I never am at home.” (Michael Mewshaw)
- “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” (Ernest Hemingway)
- “I haven’t been everywhere yet. But it’s on the list.” (unknown)